Friday, June 7, 2013

When one door closes...

Today marks a transition.  It was my last day of work at my current job.  How I arrived at the decision to leave this job is the subject matter of another post.  Suffice it to say, signs were abundant that it was time.  Eventually, I listened.  I resigned.  Today, it's an ending.

I did not leave with any bad blood. Sure, it wasn't a perfect job.  Is there one?  There are always things that are frustrating in any job.  Hell, in life!  I very much enjoyed the two years I spent in this role and loved my colleagues.  We were a fantastic team.  I am so grateful we had the opportunity to work together, learn from each other and support each other.  It's always difficult to leave when you really like the people you work with.  I've been fortunate to have always really enjoyed the people I've worked with at all of my jobs!  My boss said it best when she said, "...this is not goodbye, it's good luck."

Today, I am filled with gratitude for the blessings this job and the experience afforded me. I've learned and grown personally and professionally.  I was able to financially accomplish things I might otherwise not have been able to.  I made new friends.  Everyone was understanding of my reasons for choosing to leave this role and tremendously supportive of my future endeavors.  I am blessed.

The adage goes, everything happens for a reason.  I know without a doubt, certain people I encountered in the past two years were also there to cross paths with me.  We had information for each other.  It was the right place and the right time for unknown reasons.  Until it was obvious.  Little gifts that we gave each other, that were in fact tremendous.  Whether we realized it at the time or not.  Our purpose served.  Our journey continued and out paths once again diverged.  Ah, but we shall never forget the lessons and gifts we received.  Gratitude abounds.

It was also nice to hear such kind words this week from those I interacted with on a regular basis but did not work for or directly with.  My job had me in and out of several hospitals and doctor's offices every day, clinically screening patients or marketing.  I had professional relationships with people I saw regularly.  To get an unexpected hug, kind words of praise and thanks, a humorous ribbing or sincere well wishes touched me.  It's nice to be appreciated and to be told such!  I will miss many of them.

Today is also a beginning.  For when one door closes, another opens.  I have a new and somewhat different job lined up and I'm excited about it.  It's going to be a good fit for me and for them.  I have plans go follow my heart and live my dream.  The time is right, that is clear.  I'm grateful for the opportunity and the support of those around me and all the forces conspiring to make it so.  My heart is happy.

In as much as I struggled to make the decision, once I did, I felt a weight was lifted.  I knew it was the right decision.  For me.  I know change is not always easy, but it is always good.

I look forward to fondly closing this door and lovingly opening the next one.  Open heart.  Open mind.  Open to the experience and the path I'm meant to walk.



Stay tuned, you can walk with me.  If you choose to.

Namaste.


2 comments:

  1. You are so right Kim. I am wishing you a happy journey to your next thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some lessons from you. You do some much better with this change is good thing...I on the other hand, stress out so much about things, I end up not sleeping and become physically ill.

    ReplyDelete